HELMETS ARE MANDATORY!
Safety rules and route maps will be available at number and packet pickup. Volunteers will be on hand to answer any questions related to routes, major intersections, and rules of the road. This is not a closed course.
Recharge stations will be located approximately along the routes. Station volunteers will provide snacks, fruit and water. Please be courteous to Recharge Zone volunteers – they are there to support you.
For safety reasons, cyclists stopping at recharge stations MUST move OFF THE ROAD to avoid oncoming riders and vehicles.
*In case of emergency Call 911
- Every rider (including trailer riders) MUST to be registered to participate.
- All riders must wear a properly fitted an ANSI or SNELL approved bike helmet.
- Familiarize yourself with the routes before the day of event.
- Ride with identification and a charged cell phone.
- Riders must obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Do not obstruct traffic.
- The courses will NOT be closed to traffic.
- Participants agree not to wear earbuds or use phones while riding.
- There will be volunteers to assist along the course. They will not stop traffic.
- Move out of the way of bicycle and car traffic if stopping to take pictures, to wait for others in the group, to take a break or to attend to mechanical issues, etc.
- Ride in single-file to the right.
- Leave room for others to pass on your left.
- Call out to fellow cyclists when you are going to pass.
- Be predictable and don't weave.
- Carry a water bottle, sun screen, tire patch kit, extra tube, pump & tire changing tools.
- Wear bright clothing to be noticed.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will stay with them and be responsible for their conduct.
- Make sure your costume and bike decorations allow you and all members of your party to ride safely - remove anything that might be a hazard before riding.
- Know what the road signs mean.