GGHF Curious by Nature School is part of the Greater Gig Harbor Foundation.
To provide a premier early childhood environment to meet the social, emotional, physical, creative and academic needs of your child, while introducing them into a lifelong, meaningful relationship with the natural world.
Is a small, nurturing and stimulating early learning center for children 2 to 6 years old, offering daily Toddler, Preschool, Pre-K, and Enrichment classes.
GGHF Curious by Nature School seeks to create a unique, nature-based program that is inspired by Reggio Emilia, a child-centered philosophy. Our curriculum is focused on teaching the whole child; respecting their unique qualities and encouraging them to be the best that they can be.
In addition to our child-driven emergent curriculum, we follow a nature-based curriculum Growing Up WILD™, an early childhood education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the environment. Emphasizing the importance of helping children develop an appreciation and love of nature, our non-profit school is unique in the community.
Other services include weekend family events and school break camps programs tailored to meet the needs of your child.
*Growing Up WILD™ activities are correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards and the Head Start domains.
- Building a strong, supportive, and nurturing relationship between teacher and child.
- Providing children a stimulating, exploratory learning environment where children learn through play and a hands-on, self-discovery process that fosters their curiosity and imagination.
- Developing activities that encourage growth based on children's abilities and interests and which uses their senses, intellect, emotions, and large and small muscles.
- Encouraging divergent thinking, reflection and problem-solving by asking open-ended questions; providing information in response to children’s ideas, insights, and concerns; helping children make informed choices and find solutions to the challenges they face on a daily basis.
- Allowing children to express themselves creatively and use language in its many forms.
- Assisting children in their interactions with each other and offering opportunities for cooperative learning and developing friendships.
- Teaming with families to understand children through the wisdom of their first teachers, their parents.
- Appreciating the individuality of children and celebrating their uniqueness.