This year, The Big Sports Gig™ takes over Cheney Stadium for a fun filled evening with the Tacoma Rainiers as they take on the Las Vegas 51s (AAA team for the New York Mets).
All proceeds benefit our community's Recreation Scholarship Fund established in 2014 to help enable and increase the participation of disadvantaged youth in all area sports and recreation programs across our greater Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula community.
Together with donor directed gifts, The Big Sports Gig™, has helped raise over $10,000 for the Fund, which annually ensures hundreds of local economically disadvantaged youth have the opportunity to participate in area sports and recreation programs, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
Again in 2016: Awards honoring a community nominated local team, volunteer and coach.
The fun filled Friday night, will include pre- and post-game festivities, including:
- TBSG Tailgate Party
- Exclusive opportunity to participate in an on-field parade (ages 4 to 12)
- The Big Sports Gig T's marking your support for youth sports & recreation
- Kids whiffle ball game and fun in the new Cheneyville play area
- Chances to win 1 of 2 sets of Summit Club Tickets with surprise Rainiers baskets
- Friday night Fireworks, and more!
Join in the fun and help raise critical funds to enable, and increase, the participation of disadvantaged youth in sports programs across our Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula community. THE BIG SPORTS GIG - So that all may play! (click to view)
Location: Cheney Stadium, 2502 S Tyler St., Tacoma
TBSG Tailgate Starts: 5pm
Game Time: 7pm - 9pm
The Need. The Importance.
Access to local sports and recreation programs is vital to the health and well-being of all youth.
- Some 49% of area families with children in K-12 schools meet federal criteria for assistance programs.
- About 2,500 (23.7%) of our community’s youth, ages 5 to 17, live in extreme poverty and another 10% are from families at or below the poverty line.
- Over the past decade there’s been a 47% increase in the number of community youth eligible for the free/reduced lunch program. In 2012, on average over 24% of our school district’s children received program benefits – rising to nearly 65% in areas of extreme poverty.
- Annually, area organizations are forced to turn away hundreds of area youth due to lack of financial resources essential to help make programs available regardless of ability to pay.
- Participation in sports and recreation programs enhances social inclusion and empowers children to build essential life skills, develop important character traits and lifelong values.
Be a Sponsor*
Sponsors are vital. Sponsors have the unique opportunity to connect with our greater peninsula community, build positive brand awareness, help maximize the positive impact potential of funds raised on the lives of our community's disadvantaged youth – and to show your support of an important cause: our children and the future. Sponsorship packages, listed below, have varying VIP reception, dinner/event table, award naming, ad marketing, and other benefits.
- $5,000 – Hall of Fame
- $2,500 – Grand Slam
- $1,000 – Slam Dunk
- $400 – Team Sponsor (Table for 8)
To learn about sponsorship packages and benefits, please contact the Greater Gig Harbor Foundation at (253) 514-6338 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an event sponsor or reserve your Team table today! Online payments are processed securely via PayPal.
* To assure inclusion in related event program, all sponsorships must be confirmed by April 15, 2015.
For more information on the 2016 Sports Gig please email TBSG@gigharborfoundation.org or call (253) 514-6338.
Interested in joining the team? Ric Hallock, Recreation CAB chair - TBSG@gigharborfoundation.org or call (253) 514-6338