Originally from Texas, David settled in Gig Harbor along with his wife, Tonia, and their four children in 2005 after retiring from the US Navy. David has a degree in business and works for US Bank as a Commercial Banking Officer where he advices and assists business owners with commercial real estate loans and equipment financing needs.
In addition to serving on the GGHF Board, he has served in following areas:
- Peninsula School District Board of Directors – 3 years
- Board, World Trade Center Tacoma – 3 years
- Board, Hilltop Business Association – 3 years
- Pacific Northwest Regional Director, Drug Education for Youth Program (DEFY) – 2 years
- Board, City Club of Tacoma – 2 years
- Pierce County Charter Review Commissioner – 1 year
David has been serving his community for more than 20 years. He was selected as the 1998 GEICO Award Winner for his work with Drug Education Programs for youth-at-risk and the 2002 NMFA Very Important Patriot Award for his work with International Habitat for Humanity & Adopt-A-School Programs.