We work to strengthen our greater Gig Harbor and Key peninsulas community through collaborative engagement to build, bridge and enrich the region by raising funding, advocating for and providing support to help meet diverse needs in five core areas - arts and culture, education, environment, recreation and social capital - all essential to supporting vibrant, healthy and sustainable communities.
An engaged community working together to enhance the lives of all residents in our greater peninsulas community and the environment that sustains us—today today and for future generations. We accomplish this by building philanthropic assets, connecting resources with needs, educating, advocating and providing leadership on key community issues and opportunities.
GGHF works to achieve these goals by:
- Collaborating with community partners to provide services and raise support for our five core areas.
- Providing a “seed house” to area groups or organizations whose missions serve one or more of the Foundation’s five core areas.
- Offering a fiduciary umbrella for community-based projects and programs that meet identified areas of need or fill asset gaps within our five core areas.
- Supporting community parks, trails and recreation spaces by collaborating with local agencies and providing resources for land acquisition, capital improvements, conservation, and related projects and programs.
- Working with public agencies, organizations, and private individuals to broker transactions to help meet important community needs, including land acquisition for public parks, trails, open space, conservation and recreational facilities, or for habitat and/or cultural resource preservation.
- Advocating and raising resources for community facilities, programs, scholarships, parks and green spaces, recreation, schools, and social programs.
- Working with community partners to provide information, services and essential support to address issues of food security and access to, education, recreation, and cultural and conservation activities.
- Being an agent of change as we support our diverse greater peninsula community through collaborative action in the interest of the common good.